When our Founder, Nathan Schweid began hauling junk with his dad's 1998 Ford Ranger pickup truck while finishing up college at the University of Colorado Boulder, his vision at the time wasn’t anything other than to help out his neighbors and save a few extra bucks along the way.
Fast forward 6 years and The Junk Trunk team has evolved into a leading force within the junk removal industry. Our mission driven approach to business and how we choose to operate has led us to consistently find ways to exceed and evolve the industry standard.
It’s simple: we focus on people (our customers, community and staff alike) and our planet. Any productive movement starts with quality people. That’s why we partner with organizations within the greater Denver community to employ members of their sober living communities, as well as finding employment opportunities for those that have recently come out of incarceration. But how do we help the planet? It’s our mission to find new homes for our customers' old memories. We work extremely closely with Habitat for Humanity to find your items a second chance to spruce up someone else's home.
As the Junior Operations Associate and Customer Support Lead at The Junk Trunk, you will work alongside the owners of the organization to learn and take ownership of the operations process and the success of our clients' experiences. Because of the level of responsibility, we are seeking candidates with a track record of entrepreneurship, and who show a strong ability to problem-solve, and work with minor direction.
- You have excellent communication skills—both written and verbal
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and are eager to learn, experiment, and continuously strive to improve personally and professionally
- Are highly adaptable and able to operate effectively in a rapidly changing startup environment
- Are highly organized and able to prioritize and track multiple initiatives at once
- Have solid analytical skills, and are able to leverage data to drive key decisions
- Are excited to build strong relationships with colleagues and clients
- Have a strong track record of delivering what you set out to do (and letting management know when unexpected delays happen)
- Are able to work independently, with support from ownership
- Are eager to proactively take on new responsibilities
- Plan, assign, and execute all jobs for each day
- Ensure each crew is effectively managed
- Ensure all daily activities are completed by employees
- Develops a plan for getting the trucks to the first jobs BEFORE the employees come in
- Ensures trucks get scheduled to be maintained/ repaired as needed
- Manage/ delegate any tasks, training and discipline as required to keep The Junk Trunk operating smoothly, ensuring on time performance, happy customers and sales growth
- You will lead a team to solve problems
- Drive the end-to-end implementation of high-impact projects, from initial planning to launch
- Identify opportunities to improve our processes and implement them
- Communicate with customers to actively manage the schedule
- Ensure all customer invoices are paid and up-to-date
- Ensure high-quality execution for all jobs; monitoring post-job satisfaction of customers and proactively addressing any issues that arise
- Work closely with all members of the organization and maintain top tier customer service with our customers across the company to deliver top-notch results and make optimal tradeoffs
- Proficient in Excel / PowerPoint
- The ability to communicate in additional languages Spanish is a bonus